Spurgeons is one of the UK's leading children's charities, firmly supported by Christian beliefs and values, helping to support disadvantaged children and their families through delivering projects to support children, young people, their families and communities to find long-lasting solutions to the challenges they face.
We are passionate about the work we do and need equally committed members on our team to help us achieve those goals.
Would you like the opportunity to support and empower both Children and Parents/Carers in the local community. If so, this is the role for you. We have roles in Community Stay and Play at Tame Valley Children’s Centre and Parents Forum at three Children’s Centre sites.
What we do for you
• Provide a full induction and all training necessary for your volunteering role
• Provide a named supervisor for you, with regular supervision meetings
• Treat you, and all volunteers, in-line with our equal opportunities policy
• Reimburse volunteers for out-of-pocket expenses
• Provide insurance cover for volunteers
• Ensure the place you work in is safe
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people we serve. This post is subject to necessary safeguarding checks including an appropriate level DBS Disclosure.